More Promotional Help on the Way
We are now working on putting new welcome packets together to give to fist-time guests. These packets will be loaded with information, including:
These will soon be ready to order. And the company we are using, which is named Equip Ministry Resources, will give us free invitation cards to match the number of packets we order. These little cards will help you in inviting your friends and neighbors to the church, so we hope you'll make good use of them. We hope to have these in hand by the beginning of September at most.
New Promotional Products
We have received our new business cards (250) which we can make available to anyone who would like a few. Just one caveat:
We discovered, after ordering the cards, that our website address. as listed in our Directory, is incorrect. The "vpweb" does not belong in it. This is just a note that we build our site through Vista Print. So our actual web address is simply:
We suggest that you take a pen and cross out the words, "vpweb" on the dront of the card before you give them out. We have already edited the cards on the Vista Print web site for when we reorder.
We also received a promotional outdioior sign for our upcoming anniversary, so watch for that.
And check out our web site. It is fully updated with the latest information, a news page, a blog page, and more.
On the Horizon
Changes are happening here to prepare us for a season of revitalization and growth. Here are some of them to watch for in the near future.
(1) New business cards are due in this week, as well as an outdoor sign promoting our upcoming 60th Anniversary Celebration.
(2) Our new ceiling-mounted dual video projection system will be installed very soon, within the next 2-3 weeks. Then we will be putting much of the service on the screens. You will always have the option of using your bulletin and hymnal, but you'll also be able to read much of the service from the screens. Sermon points will also be put up there.
(3) New welcome packets are being formulated now so they can be ordered soon. And the company we are ordering from will give us free Invitation Cards matching the number of packets ordered. We want everyone to use our business cards and invitation cards to promote Celebration of Christ out in their neighborhoods.
(4) Hoffman Hall, our primary, larger Fellowship Hall, will get an upgrade with a fresh color of paint and new window dressings. This will be done prior to our Anniversary,
(5) Following the Anniversary, we will upgrade Shaffer Hall, our smaller Fellowship Hall, into a coffee gathering area. More on that later.
(6) Other long term goals include:
An evangelism seminar
The calling of a music/worship minister
Development of a small group ministry
When all of the upgrades to our building are finished, watch for a photo slide show of our beautiful church facility. We plan to put it to the best use possible as we seek to reach many who will become disciples and will join us in celebrating Christ.
Installation of Pastor Ray Hileman
On Sunday, July 22, Dr. Terry Grove, District Executive Minister for the Atlantic Southeast District of the Church of the Brethren, of which Celebration of Christ is a part, preached for us and then conducted a service of installation for our new pastor, Ray Hileman, whom we called after he had served us for a year as Interim Pastor. Terry challenged us to grow and revitalize for our future as he spoke from Peter's encounter with God's vision and then the Roman Centurion Cornelius in Acts Chapter 10.